Handmade Accessories Price List

Contact: tabithaoyediran@gmail.com
Hats: $20.00 Scarfs: $25.00 Gloves: $15.00
Fibers: Wool, Alpaca, Acrylic, & Cashmere at cost.
Payment: PAYPAL, cash, money order, cleared check.




Slide Show

Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Obsession with Gloves

I am in need of building my stash up for sweaters ponchos and the like I have needed to knit smaller projects to fill my time. I have fallen in deep love the the book Romantic Knits. this woman knows what she is talking about. The idea of knitting a blocky, bulky, sweater that would be ugly and never worn seemed to me a great waste of time!! I need to have sexy, fitted, knits, who would want to wear something that was not flattering? My ego tells me I would not!! So until payday and some extra cash...I will have to make small projects. I am currently working on a modified pattern for the Some Like it Hot, long gloves. I say modified because I am using a DK weight instead of the called for Sport weight. I wanted a smaller glove. I do not want it to go up to my elbows but I do want a longer glove than the traditional size. Also I have chosen to make them fingerless. Must have the fingers free for knitting!! I am about 75 % done. I will post pictures of the finished project. They are dark green, My favorite color, and my husband wants me to add white trim to represent the school colors of Western Reserve. His alma matter ....I chuckle. He has really began to embrace my knitting, and by the way, I do recant the comment I made before about him not being supportive. He has really been, I was upset when I wrote those things. But he was impressed when I showed him the first finished glove. I love that lace pattern she used. You know me and lace>>>>
I will show you when I am done...they are magnificent!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment