Handmade Accessories Price List

Contact: tabithaoyediran@gmail.com
Hats: $20.00 Scarfs: $25.00 Gloves: $15.00
Fibers: Wool, Alpaca, Acrylic, & Cashmere at cost.
Payment: PAYPAL, cash, money order, cleared check.




Slide Show

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Double Knitting and Needle Cases

I have a new obsession. Double knitting. I have not tried it before so I am researching. There is a book, Son of Stitch 'n Bitch, that has an amazing scarf pattern in argyle. I am in love. I was so very confused about the double knitting technique. So I did some research, and its actually making two layers of fabric at a time and twisting the end of the two yarns together at the end of each row. You knit the side facing you and you pearl the stitch next to it to make the opposite happen on the other side. You use two contrasting colors, and you knit 1 with color A and purl one with color B. I was so confused and really began to over-think it. I thought you were knitting onto each stitch twice, like a KFB, but I was wrong. You are actually making two layers that are totally reversible!! WOW. And casting on double the amount of stitches in the beginning to make a base row. I am going to try this soon...
Also, in the dry spell of not buying yarn(I ended up buying a digital camera on ebay, got to love ebay. that used up my yarn money for the week...lol). I have begun to make some cases for my needles. I have three sets of bamboo needles, one double pointed set sized 1-15, and two single pointed sets sized 1-15 in 9" and 13". I needed a place to keep the needles together and something that was aesthetically pleasing. I saw a design for a needle case in the Stitch 'n Bitch Nation book. I am in the process of finishing up the second case, and starting the third. I will post pictures of the finished cases, (hopefully using my new camera!!! ) All of my projects when finished will be posted here, but also in more detail on my Ravelry page. I am posting my lace long gloves soon, that are almost done, but my case making has gotten in the way of their progress. Poor gloves, I will try to spend time on you today....

No comments:

Post a Comment