Handmade Accessories Price List

Contact: tabithaoyediran@gmail.com
Hats: $20.00 Scarfs: $25.00 Gloves: $15.00
Fibers: Wool, Alpaca, Acrylic, & Cashmere at cost.
Payment: PAYPAL, cash, money order, cleared check.




Slide Show

Friday, May 30, 2008

Twinkle Hoodie

I am going to tell you how I feel about this sweater. I love the yarn but I am finding alpaca to be scratchy, but very soft. Bulky knits seemed like a good idea in theory, but when actually done I found them less rewarding. For one, they do knit up fast, but the stitch size leaves little room for details sans a large cable or to I thought in theory they would be wonderful…a quick way to knit up a sweater in an adult size and practice making sweaters. The design seemed too small, the sleeves were supposed to be 3/4 and I was not happy with that. I ended up altering it, adding ribbing on the bottom to make it longer, and adding on to the sleeves. The yarn does stretch a considerable amount when knit on such huge needles. I had to rip and redo the sleeves because they went over my hands. The yarn was too bulky, to the point of being unattractive, I would wear it around the house, but not out. I feel a more structured and form fitting sweater would make me happier. I loved the experience, but I feel my chunky knits phase is officially over. Laid out it looks cozy and inviting, but when I put it on i felt lost and the fabric stretched out of shape. Its made for less than a curvy woman, in my opinion...bulky does not wear well on an average frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment