Handmade Accessories Price List

Contact: tabithaoyediran@gmail.com
Hats: $20.00 Scarfs: $25.00 Gloves: $15.00
Fibers: Wool, Alpaca, Acrylic, & Cashmere at cost.
Payment: PAYPAL, cash, money order, cleared check.




Slide Show

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Grace's Rainbow Cardigan

Well, ladies and gents, I have done it. I have made my first official sweater. I made one for my daughter she is 15 months old now, and in the size 12-18 months toddler clothes. I made the sweater size toddler 2 for extra growing room. She looks a little baggy in it now, but the design is still very tailored. The sleeves have a raglan setting which suites her nicely. I hate the idea of making boxy items for toddlers...kids have waists too!! I used a gray acrylic for easy washing. The ribbing is done in a rainbow variegated color yarn ranging from purple to blue, green, pink, yellow, you get the idea. It is a fuzzy boucle yarn of mystery source. I woman gave it to me at my kitting group for yarn swap night. I came home with lots of yarn that day! I am really proud of this one. I have made a real cardigan! In a small size granted, but the technique it all the same just faster to make the garment. I feel I have crossed over into a whole new realm of knitting. I am really excited about all of the possibilities I have. I went on e-bay and bought yarn. Yes, yes I know I dissed e-bay for yarn previously, but I found a trusted brand that I have worked with, it was acrylic Red Heart Supersaver, and I chose many girl, boy, and neutral colors for the kids. I feel this yarn is perfect because it is cheap, and washer dryer safe. I love my kids but there is no way I will "hand wash cold, lay flat to dry" all of those tiny little creations. I had to make it mommy smart. Stay tuned readers, it will only get better. I also have been expanding my library, and magazine collection. More on that later. For now, enjoy my creation of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment